Someone injured due to another’s actions often go through a difficult ordeal. Such incidents can include anything from serious and significant injury to property damage. Individuals in these stressful situations frequently feel overwhelmed, upset, and even confused. Of course, their primary focus is on their immediate health and well-being. Once these pressing matters are sufficiently addressed, it is important to consult with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney about the specifics of your case in order to determine your legal rights, and decide on what steps to take next.
The first step in hiring a personal injury attorney is contacting a lawyer to schedule an initial consultation or interview to discuss your matter. During this meeting, the attorney will ask you about the facts of your case, and you will likely have questions as well. This appointment will give you the opportunity to ask the attorney about his or her practice. It is advisable to prepare these questions in advance, and you may want to include some of the following questions to your list.
Questions About the Attorney
You may be curious or concerned about a number of factors when deciding whether to hire a particular attorney to represent you in your case. The following questions will give you some general information about the attorney you are considering:
- Has the attorney had success with personal injury cases in the past?
- How long has the attorney been practicing personal injury law?
- Does the attorney have any specialized experience, knowledge, or training in the context of a personal injury case?
- Will the attorney with whom you are meeting be the one to handle your case? Will other firm attorneys be assisting?
- Has the attorney previously worked on cases similar to yours?
Questions About Your Case
While an attorney’s experience is important, you will probably want to get into the facts of your situation. Some discussion points regarding your case to bring up during your initial consultation are as follows:
- Is the attorney experienced in winning cases similar to yours? Settling cases similar to yours?
- What is the approximate amount in damages you may you be eligible to receive?
- Are there any other legal remedies available to you?
- What type of fee will you be responsible for paying? How does the firm require it be paid?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your case? The other side’s case?
Personal Injury Attorneys
The attorneys at Hoffman, Larin & Agnetti, P.A. have represented personal injury clients in the state of Florida for almost 40 years. If you have been injured in any type of incident, please contact our office today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties.