Michael Hoffman focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, business litigation, and commercial collections. He has experience representing parties in all aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings including individual debtors, business debtors, mortgagees, unsecured creditors, commercial landlords, equity security holders, trustees, assignees for the benefit of creditors and receivers. On the litigation side, Mr. Hoffman handles a wide range of commercial disputes including contract and shareholder litigation, foreclosures, commercial evictions, and fraudulent transfers. Mr. Hoffman also represents creditors in pursuing a collection of judgments and other delinquent accounts.
Mr. Hoffman is the rare bankruptcy attorney who handles both consumer and commercial cases. He represents individuals struggling with a credit card, mortgage, and IRS debt in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases as well as businesses in complex Chapter 11 reorganizations. This range of expertise ensures that Mr. Hoffman is able to advise clients about the best option for their particular situation.
At the end of the day, Mr. Hoffman’s goal in any matter is obtaining the best economic result for his client, whether that means pursuing litigation, filing for bankruptcy or negotiating an out of court settlement with adverse parties.
- University of Miami School of Law
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2007
- International Moot Court Board, Jessup Competition Chair
- Dean’s Merit Scholar
- Yeshiva University
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 2004
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- In re Miami Beverly, LLC, 608 B.R. 574 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2019)
- Thompson v. Y & M 18, LLC, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 154217 (Bankr. S.D. Fla., September 9, 2019)
- Coltefinanciera, S.A., et al. v. Hane (In re Hane), 2018 Bankr. LEXIS 4076 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. December 27, 2018)
- In re Maison Grande Condo Ass’n, 425 B.R. 684 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2009)
- Local Rules Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Student Loan Program Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Lawyer Advisory Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, Brown Bag Committee Chair